Swap saccharine Mother’s Day gifts for something useful + long lasting
Mother’s Day is coming up on the 19th March and the wave of pastel coloured, ‘female friendly’ gifts are already infiltrating social feeds and shop windows.
If you’re looking for something that is a little less generic and saccharine, and a lot more useful and long lasting, then perhaps we can help with some Mother’s Day gift ideas.
We’ve got a stack of great gift ideas for the mum who likes to tinker and fix, grow, make and mend. As well as our gift guide for mums day, we also have some ideas of what you could swap....
So why not swap:
- A bunch of flowers for some Niwaki Secateurs, garden snips or flower scissors?
- Chocolates or edible gifts for something they can use to grow their own - a Niwaki Hori-Hori knife, a pair of our eco-friendly gardening gloves, or a Opinel garden knife?
- Jewellery for a sparkly Niwaki golden spade?
- Candles for something that’ll last longer – perhaps a sewing pattern, some pinking shears or fabric snips?
- Smellies or soap for a screwdriver, or a personalised painted hammer?
- A handbag for a Carhartt tool bag or Trusco or Toyo Japanese toolbox ?
Surely I can’t be the ONLY mum who’d prefer these options? Who’d prefer a thoughtful gift that will last, rather than a transient generic one?
If you’d ever like any help picking out the perfect present – for mum’s day (or dad’s day), birthday or anniversaries – just get in touch and we’ll happily have a chat.
- Lou -