For mums who like to tinker and fix, grow, make and mend...
All set for Mother’s Day? If you’re needing something a little less generic that the usual flowers, chocolate or jewellery we might have you covered. We’ve got a stack of gift ideas for the mum who likes to tinker and fix, grow, make and mend.
How about swapping:
- Flowers or plants for some secateurs or flower scissors?
- Perfume for a sewing pattern (for a bag, apron, or overall)?
- Smellies or soap for a screwdriver, some pinking shears or fabric snips?
- Jewellery for a sparkly golden spade?
- A handbag for a tool bag or toolbox?
Other things we think the Tinker and Fix mum might like are anything Carhartt – aprons, overalls, tool belts (which are great for gardeners too). And pen knives – practical mums need a practical blade around the garden, garage or home. We’ve got a choice of classic wood handled ones from Opinel or some funkier versions from Deejo with coloured handles and etched blades.
And, if you need a card adding to your gift, we’ve got that covered too. We reckon the ‘you rule’ card says enough without being gushing.